Tuesday 31 May 2011

My Major Collection Crush!

Chanel chose Istanbul to present its pre-fall 2011/2012 Paris-Byzance collection and the venue couldn’t have been more in line with the style of the collection. As a matter of fact, ornaments, noble materials and golden tones were the name of the game in this much awaited line.

I can safely say that this collection comes in my top 3 of all times as I completely ADORED it from the first piece to the last… A mix between oriental inspiration and the trend codes of our times couldn’t have been more successful and appealing as well as surprisingly homogeneous. Love the golden embroideries, the deep vibrant colors, the legging-like shoes which appear as a continuation of one’s leg, the hair jewels present on every model and once again the reinvented tweed jacket…

Golden girls walking on a mosaic ground and presenting a rich, audacious, inventive and precious collection…. I guess we could relate all of these adjectives to any Chanel line, I do however feel that for this one “precious and rich” are even an understatement… I selected a number of looks here below, however I would strongly recommend you to look at the entire collection, by clicking here, as not one outfit should remain unseen….



No comments: