Thursday 10 November 2011

Brand To Watch: The Row

Today, I wish to talk about a brand I have been watching closely for a few months now, The Row...

Fruit of the team work of the two famous twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, the brand was launched in 2007 and named after the historical Saville Row....


At first, I was drawn to look at the brand by my love for the twin's personal styles. While sometimes a little too vintage and out of proportions for me, I would say that both of them do have an extreme sense of style by bringing together pieces, prints, materials and forms in an unrivaled way. Not one of their appearances is left unnoticed and they have their own ways of adapting the seasons' codes in a unique look. It is then quite natural that their brand turns out to be a reaaaaaal success, well in my opinion that is....

Modern, tailored, rich and in a way, edgy pieces (as seen above) create lines just about what women want to wear without being totally trend-driven. As a matter of fact, a certain timelessness escapes from the collections.... A very remarkable accomplishment for two sisters who just went from front row to center stage!


Take a look at this interview of the two designer sisters in the net-a-porter.com magazine, click here!

No comments: