Thursday 23 February 2012

Runway Crush

During Fashion Weeks, I like to take a look at shows from my favorite designers and pick, within the collections, my favorite outfits!
Today, I checked out Burberry Prorsum show and I must say that I wasn't disappointed!

As a matter of fact, for a few seasons now I have been attracted by the collections, especially of coats and trenchs for their structured and edgy side, being the perfect representation in my mind of the English Twist! And this collection was no exception! While of course, you could find tweed, tartan, and trenchs, as typical emblems of the British fashion, the outfits were taken to other levels with the challenging of cuts, the mixing of materials and prints as well as the exaggeration of pockets. Quite paradoxically, while the silhouettes seemed to come from another time, we can very easily imagine ourselves wearing those long coats which nearly looked like dresses and those pleated trenchs.
Note the oversize bow belt, present in nearly every look!

Here are my 6 favorite looks!




No comments: