Tuesday 15 February 2011

Wedding Boutique online: Cool or Not Cool??

Acting as a real revolution in online shopping, http://www.shopbop.com/ will be opening soon its new Wedding Boutique, following the path of www.net-a-porter.com. When I received the e-mail announcing this new feature of the shopping website, I was thrilled by the idea (even though I am already married ;-)) as I found that it was a very original approach.

Then, while thinking about it more deeply, I wondered, doesn’t it take away some of the magic of having our dress designed just for us with the succession of try-ons, feeling the different textures and materials?? Or even, entering a shop to try a few models to finally have the crush and find THE one we need? I guess, they have thought about that personalized aspect, which is soooo important when choosing the wedding dress, in order to imagine a well-thought concept to offer the kind of service we expect from a Wedding Boutique. Also, I reckon that it will be a nice way for girls seeking inspiration to look at what will be offered on the website.

Writing this article filled me with nostalgia of my wedding preparation period, so allow me to take a step back in time and make a selection of my favorite wedding dresses, as if I was looking for inspiration again! ;-)


Elie Saab
Valentino
Elie Saab

Monique Lhuillier 
Nicole Richie in an
extravant Marchesa gown
Oscar De La Renta

No comments: