Saturday 30 April 2011

A Modern Fairy Tale!

This article is for all you people out there who, like me, enjoyed watching (and re-watching for that matter) pictures and images of yesterday's Royal Wedding!

Despite some finding the event and, most of all, everything that was made out of it, extremely cheesy, I found that it was really refreshing and relieving to see that in our world, in which tragedies happen every day and in a world where instabilities and insecurity are rocking a lot of different regions, such declaration of love and simple pleasures can be shown to the world in that simple way. Ok, so some of you might argue that their is nothing simple about a Royal Wedding, but to that I will answer that despite all the "chi-chi" surrounding the event mostly due to the very strict protocol, for my part, the only thing I saw was a young couple, just like all of us, in love and sincerely happy as well as a beautiful and blossomed bride. Just by looking at the picture above of THE Kiss, one can grasp the complicity between two young adults who chose each other...

Regarding the entire ceremony, I found that it was a zero fault event with every single detail being just how we would have expected them and even more.... And by that, I am talking of course about THE dress....

Being one of the first to announce the designer behind the dress (cf my previous article, click here!), I can say that I was really amazed by this personalized gown created by Sarah Burton in close collaboration with the bride-to-be.

As a fusion between tradition and modernity, the dress carried some of Burton's vision sweetened by Kate's classicism and delicacy. Most of all, just loved the lace and the neckline which weren't too revealing while showing just what it had too. Also, the row of buttons on the back of the top was just the small detail we couldn't notice at first but which clearly brought a lot to the design. The A-line cut of the dress was accentuated by the seamed pleating of the bottom part which seemed to very naturally sweep and fall in place. Also, the short veil was just perfect as it didn't empower the entire dress while being juste the delicate ending touch to this feminine, exquisite, and let's say it, completely princess-like dress.

Finally, while I am normally not a big fan of accessories such as tiaras, I must say that I couldn't have loved more the Duchess of Cambridge's one by Cartier, for its simpleness and sobriety.

Time to take a look at the dress, seen from every angle....






And they lived happily ever after....

No comments: